Executive Functioning: Learn Tools and strategies to manage anxiety and develop independent executive function skills, addressing the topics of self-regulation, self-motivation, situational awareness and engagement
Date: April 11, 2023
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location: Ashland Hills Hotel and Suites
Courtesy rates are available for anyone planning to attend for the nights of April 10 to 12 based on availability. Please call the Hotel directly at 541-482-8310 and ask for Southern Oregon ESD courtesy group rates.
A New View of Executive Function Skills
· Understanding executive function and future thinking: The 360 Thinking model explained
360 Thinking in Practice: Best Methods for Changing Behaviors
Improve Time management
- Being a Beat Ahead: Following Routines, Initiating Tasks, Making Transitions
- Teach self-regulation and impulse control
- Learn how to increase a student’s spatial temporal window or how far into the future they can see and sustain prospective planning
- Improve organization of materials, papers and personal belongings
o Building an internal sense of the sweep of time. How to create and stick to time markers; identify and manage time robbers to complete work within allocated time frames
- Show students the process of how to plan work -even if it lasts more than an hour, or must be completed over days
- Teach students how to break down complex tasks and assignments and then plan for, organize and initiate tasks
- Learn how to use the Get Ready * Do* Done Model to turn the core curriculum and lesson/treatment plans into powerful tools to teach students executive control skills.
- Fresh approaches to help students increase motivation and decrease procrastination.
About the Speaker: Sarah Ward, M.S., CCC/SLP has over 25 years of experience in the treatment of executive dysfunction. Sarah is an internationally recognized expert on executive function and presents seminars on the programs and strategies she has developed with her Co-Director Kristen Jacobsen. Their 360 Thinking Executive Function Program received the Innovative Promising Practices Award from the National Organization CHADD. She has presented to over 1600 public and private schools and organizations worldwide.
Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites